We recognise the impact that outdoor learning can have on children. Our garden has been designed to ensure that children have the best outdoor experience possible. We created six spaces including our eco-garden, providing real variety and opportunity to explore and learn. The nursery's substantial outdoor space is filled with exciting and engaging opportunities to explore with a sandpit, eco-garden, climbing frames, water play, tyre garden and woodland area. Our garden provides challenging opportunities for our children, allowing them to assess and take risks for themselves.
The learning opportunities provided by our eco-garden are many and varied.
- Maths/numeracy – problem solving, matching, size, shape, sorting, counting, planning, money and time.
- Literacy – listening and talking, sharing ideas, reading and writing labels, seed information, recipesand shopping lists.
- Health and wellbeing – healthy eating, growing, living things, hygiene, safety, eco-friendly.
- Expressive arts – song, rhymes and games related to growing and planting.
- Science – growing, minibeasts, weather, seasons, senses, properties of food (for example, raw or cooked).
- Enterprise – buying and selling vegetables, planning, harvesting, preserving produce.
Copyright © 2016 - 2018, Flying Colours Nurseries Ltd. All rights reserved. Flying Colours Nurseries LTD: Registered in Scotland Co No: SC527586 Registered Office: 534 Queensferry Rd, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH4 6EE